ABOUT NY GRID CONNECT
Our goal is to kindle global innovation, fostering an affordable, low-carbon, reliable, and resilient New York grid for 2030 and beyond.
- Promote collaboration for innovative grid modernization strategies in New York State.
- Advance our mission through replicable, model-based results.
- Become the primary information source for grid innovation needs in New York State.
- Assess current and future grid modernization priorities in New York State through active stakeholder engagement.
- Bridge solutions to needs, facilitating the implementation of new funding opportunities or digital models.
- Share lessons learned and future steps towards the grid of the future via our online platform.
Originating from the 2017 “REV Connect” program, NY Grid CONNECT evolved to address the “Reforming the Energy Vision” strategy. Since then, it has enabled State utility companies to collaborate with innovators, accelerating solutions to significant energy challenges.
In 2023, after the Climate Action Council advanced a Scoping Plan for New York’s greenhouse gas emissions reduction, renewable energy use increase, and clean energy transition, REV Connect transformed into NY Grid CONNECT, with a refocused aim to modernize the State’s electric grid.
Discover more about NY Grid CONNECT on the Priorities page.
NY Grid CONNECT is a New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) initiative, facilitated in partnership with Guidehouse, a leading provider of global consulting services.